An Experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney

If you are injured and ready to hire an attorney, or if you are merely inquiring about your rights, you can schedule a FREE confidential conference with us.

Workers’ Compensation

Will I be fired for making a Workers' Compensation claim?

We understand that you might not need an attorney immediately. We don’t mind educating you on your rights and options under the ever-changing laws of South Carolina Workers’ Compensation. You will be under no obligation and your employer will never be contacted.

You should not be fired for being injured on the job. The majority of our clients remain employed with their jobs secure upon the resolution of their claims.

Are you being treated fairly?

In the event that you are injured and you are not receiving appropriate medical treatment or compensation, we will be glad to assist you. We can get you to the specialists you need to expedite your recovery. We know your rights, as Peter Brown has been representing injured workers since the early 1990’s.

Your employer’s insurance company handles your claim, not your employer.

Your employer’s insurance company knows nothing about your years of dedication to your employer or your excellent service record with the company; they merely recognize you as a claim number. They have very little incentive to provide you with expensive comprehensive medical treatment and timely wage benefits to support your family. Don’t try to fight the multi-million dollar “Insurance Giant” yourself.. bring us in to level the playing field. We know your rights and options and will fight for you.

Your Workers’ Compensation claim must be moved forward by you, the claimant, and your attorney, to ensure you are getting the benefits you are entitled to receive. If you have been injured on the job and want an experienced Workers’ Compensation lawyer to protect your rights to receive all the benefits you are entitled to receive. If you have been injured on the job and want an experienced Workers' Compensation lawyer to protect your rights and receive all the benefits you are entitled, call Peter Brown at 843.971.0099

What to Do If You Have Been Injured on the Job

  1. Immediately, or as soon as possible, notify your employer that you suffered an injury on the job.
  2. Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of each and every witness to the injury.
  3. Seek immediate medical attention. Provide as much detail as possible to the medical provider in regard to the extent of your pain and the injuries.
  4. Contact our office immediately.
  5. Realize that the insurance company for your employer will have an adjuster assigned to your claim very quickly. You will need an experienced Workers’ Compensation attorney protecting your right to receive such things as Temporary Total Disability Benefits and appropriate medical treatment for your specific injury. You will need someone to help monitor your recovery. We will help you return to work, when appropriate, under the proper restrictions. We will help determine when you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement and explain to you what that means to your claim. Our goal is to help you return to your job, if possible, and receive the appropriate amount of compensation you deserve for your injury.