South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Claimant’s Attorney
- Thirty (30) Years of Workers’ Comp Experience
- Millions Collected for Injured Clients
- Former Workers’ Comp Defense Attorney
- Do You Know All Your Rights?
Peter is a former Workers’ Compensation Defense attorney who knows how insurance companies defend Workers’ Compensation Claims!
Peter Brown has been practicing law for thirty (30) years and has collected millions of dollars in Workers’ Compensation and Personal injury proceeds for his injured clients
Let Peter Brown and his very experienced staff help you get the appropriate medical treatment and promptly receive your weekly benefits.
We know what you are entitled to receive, do you?
Free Confidential Consultation:
If you are injured and ready to hire an attorney or, if you are merely inquiring about your rights, you can schedule a FREE confidential conference with us.
We understand that you might not need an attorney immediately. We don’t mind educating you on your rights and options under the ever-changing laws of South Carolina Workers’ Compensation.
You will be under no obligation and your employer will never be contacted.
Are you being treated fairly?
In the event that you are injured and you are not receiving appropriate medical treatment or compensation, we will be glad to assist you. We can get you to the specialists you need to expedite your recovery.
Please review the generalized information below.
REMINDER: YOUR EMPLOYER’S INSURANCE COMPANY HANDLES YOUR CLAIM, NOT YOUR EMPLOYER
Your employer’s insurance company knows nothing about your years of dedication to your employer or your excellent service record with the company; they merely recognize you as a claim number.
They have very little incentive to provide you with expensive comprehensive medical treatment and timely wage benefits to support your family.
Your Workers’ Compensation claim must be moved forward by you, the claimant, and your attorney, to ensure you are getting the benefits you are entitled to receive.
Call the Law Office of Peter David Brown today to get your claim moving! This is what we do, every day.
If you have been injured on the job and want an experienced Workers’ Compensation lawyer to protect your rights to receive all the benefits you are entitled, call us.
Peter Brown knows how to get you the benefits you are allowed. Do you know what you are entitled to recover?
If not, call us. Our firm also represents victims of on the job injuries, personal injuries and wrongful death claims throughout the state of South Carolina. Call us now for a free, no obligation evaluation of your claim: (843) 971-0099.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE BEEN INJURED WHILE ON THE JOB:
- Immediately, or as soon as possible, notify your employer that you suffered an injury on the job.
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of each and every witness to the injury.
- Seek immediate medical attention. Provide as much detail as possible to the medical provider in regard to the extent of your pain and the injuries.
- Contact our office immediately.
- Realize that the insurance company for your employer will have an adjuster assigned to your claim very quickly. You will need an experienced Workers’ Compensation attorney protecting your right to receive such things as Temporary Total Disability Benefits and appropriate medical treatment for your specific injury. You will need someone to help monitor your recovery. We will help you return to work, when appropriate, under the proper restrictions. We will help determine when you have reached Maximum Medical Improvement and explain to you what that means to your claim. Our goal is to help you return to your job, if possible, and receive the appropriate amount of compensation you deserve for your injury.
EXAMPLES OF PROBLEMS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER FROM YOUR EMPLOYER’S INSURANCE COMPANY:
- Insurance adjusters ignoring or dragging their feet on responding to your claim. Not responding to your repeated phone calls and requests for additional medical treatment. Giving you the runaround.
- Routinely paying your TTD checks late, to cause you financial hardship and “encourage” you to go back to work sooner.
- The insurance company might make the claim that you were actually injured elsewhere, off the job and deny your claim.
- The insurance company might claim that you had a pre-existing condition that you did not reveal on your job application and therefore dispute or deny your claim.
- The insurance company might claim that you were not really hurt or are now “malingering” or exaggerating your injuries in order to collect a large settlement check.
- The insurance company’s doctor might deem you fine to return to full duty work with no restrictions, when in fact you are not ready to return.
- The insurance company might deny your request to see a different doctor or a medical specialist who specializes in your type of injuries.
- The insurance company might deny your request for an Independent Medical Exam.
- The insurance company might limit or simply cut off your physical therapy before you have received the full benefit from that treatment or reach maximum medical improvement (MMI).
- Your employer’s insurance company may offer you a premature settlement when you have not yet reached maximum medical improvement (MMI) and still need additional medical treatment.
- These are only a few of the practices the insurance companies use to quickly and inexpensively settle Workers’ Compensation claims. Don’t be fooled into believing the insurance company when they say you can easily handle the matter yourself. If you are unsure, please check with an experienced Workers’ Compensation attorney. We will consult with you for free at the Law Office of Peter David Brown.
(843) 971-0099 or contact us here
At our law office, you will have an experienced Workers’ Compensation paralegal assigned to your file along with the attorney. That paralegal will be available to take your call and answer your questions if Peter Brown is in Court, depositions, or otherwise unavailable. You will always receive prompt, courteous service from a professional who is familiar with both you and your claim. Let us take the burden of dealing with the employer/insurance company off of your shoulders while you concentrate on recovering and returning to work.